Roundtable Dates (2008)
The Roundtables Synthesis Report was posted December 11, 2008.
Join Email List
Sign up for the Water Roundtables email list to receive information about venues and other updates.
Update, December 11, 2008: The Oregon Statewide Water Roundtables Synthesis Report is now available.
Oregon is one of only two western states that lacks a long-term water supply plan. As we prepare to celebrate the 100-year anniversary of Oregon’s water code in 2009, many different parties, including the Governor’s Office, the Oregon Legislature, the Oregon Water Resources Commission, Oregon businesses, local governments, environmental organizations, agricultural interests, and the Oregon University System are involved in developing a vision for Oregon’s water resources. To achieve that vision will require, among other things, policy, regulatory, infrastructure investment, community empowerment, and funding mechanisms.
The mission of the Statewide Water Roundtables is to receive input and advice from Oregonians and develop information that will inform efforts to identify and communicate a vision describing where Oregon is, where Oregon is going, and where Oregonians want to be with respect to adaptive, integrated, equitable, and sustainable water management.
Roundtable Objectives, Locations, and Dates
Public forums will be held during Fall 2008 to identify vision elements, priority issues, possible solutions, and goals for near-term (5 years), mid-term (10-15 years) and long-term (>30 years) water management.
- Central Oregon - Bend
- 25 September, Noon - 6 p.m.
- Room 117-118, Cascades Hall, OSU Cascades Campus, 2600 NW College Way, Bend.
- Coastal Oregon - Newport
- Eastern Oregon - Ontario
- 7 October, Noon - 6 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Sawtooth Banquet Room, Ontario Holiday Inn, 1249 Tapadera Avenue, Ontario.
- Southern Oregon - Medford
- 14 October, Noon - 6 p.m.
- Jackson County Extension Auditorium, Southern Oregon Research & Extension Center,
569 Hanley Road, Central Point.
- Western Oregon/Willamette Valley - Salem
- 21 October, Noon - 6 p.m.
- Hall of Heroes, Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training Building,
4190 Aumsville Highway SE, Salem (Just off I-5 at Exit 253).
- An informal network of citizens engaged in realizing a sustainable water vision for Oregon.
- A white paper synthesizing the results of the roundtable discussions that would be of assistance to the Oregon Water Resources Commission in its development of a strategic water plan for Oregon.
- Presentations to the Oregon Water Resources Commission and subsequently to the Oregon Legislature in 2009 and to other interested parties regarding what was learned through the roundtables relative to adaptive, integrative and sustainable water management.
Attendance at the Roundtables is free of charge. Funds are being solicited from a variety of organizations and sponsors. If you wish to make a tax-deductible donation, please contact Michael E. Campana (email@example.com; or call 541-737-2413).